Sunday, June 29, 2014

What do you Long for?

We all loaded up Friday full of energy, laughs and coffee. We were excited to get away and have a little fun! I was uneasy. Praying constantly "Lord keep me together" please. I just want to be like everyone else with there minds wandering on shopping, eating and The Lord. Yes I do still think on normal things but usually my happy thoughts are shot down with doubt-insecurity and Bella. You see.. She literally consumes me, my every thought. all . day . Long. We just take every single moment for granted. I long for The Lord to consume me the way she does. It is a constant battle in my mind between satans negative thoughts and Jesus my Savior. Anyways we ate and ate some more and headed to see Beth Moore! Here is what I brought home after a weekend of great friends and worshiping our Savior!

What do you long for??? If your like me your a bit puzzled at the question. I hope this helps you. 

A longing is defined as a desire, a lust, to covet, to literally stretch out with the hands to reach after. We long for Love and for relationships. We desire things of this world and once they are attained we desire something else.

Did you know The Lord longs for you?? Have you ever Longed for him? Honestly I have lived 27 years not trouble free, but under the thought process that I had it ALL under control myself. I didn't need God but just every now and then. But Geez Louise I can not make it a day without him now. Not a minute. I would break and break everyone with me. Satan could use me to destroy my whole family and I stand or sit lol here now and I REFUSE to let him. I honestly Long for The Lord, I need him... I pray each of you would need him like I do. To feel helpless and own your own is no way to live. Trust Jesus... Reach for him... He will hold your hand or carry you which ever you need.

I am feeble and sorely broken; I have groaned because of the disquiet of my heart.
Lord, all my desires are known to Thee; and my groaning is not hidden from Thee.
My heart panteth, my strength faileth me; as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me. 
Psalm 38:8-10

1) All our Longings lie open before The Lord. 

2)  If it is not long, it's not a longing. 

3) If it never aches, it is not intense enough for longing.

Some people put lids on there longings and some people hang theirselves by them.

Therefore The Lord LONGS to be gracious to you, and therefore he waits on high to have compassion on you. For The Lord is a God of justice; how blessed are all those who LONG for him.     Isaiah 30:18

A longing is a want for so long it becomes a need for your soul.

4) A longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Not The tree of life but A tree.

And he showed me a pure river of the Water of Life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, there was the Tree of Life, which bore twelve kinds of fruit and yielded her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.     Revelation 22:1-2

For we are Gods handiwork created in Christ unto good works which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.     Ephesians 2:10

For I recon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us for the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.  Romans 8:18-19

5) If God prepared it, we were wired to long for it. You got that??? If God prepared it we were wired to long for it?? I had to say that one several times! In other words we try to fill the void we long for with desires. Which does not work... If God prepared it, we are wired for it!

6) We are created to long for companionship.

7) Lust is the souls demand to shortcut a longing fulfilled.

8) We long for Grace.

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day and not only to me, but also to all who have LONGED for his appearing.     2 Timothy 4:6-8

9) We Long for God.

So what do you long for? Jesus or the world? I long for Jesus and for him to use Me, he has a master plan and he wired me to long for him. I long to reach others to help them seek his face. To help place your hand in his. I Pray Lord use me.. I pray you mend me and my broken pieces into a beautiful pitcher overflowing with your Love and compassion. Use my loss as your gain. Keep my eyes on you. Thank you Lord for answered prayers for friends who understand me and love me despite my shortcomings. You have overcame the world! In Jesus name Amen. And amen!

Everything high must come down
Every stronghold shall be broken
He wears the victors crown!! Praise Jesus He overcame the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment