Monday, July 7, 2014


We talked about words in Sunday School yesterday...good words and bad words and how they affect you. Every book I've read recently has talked about letting go. I almost hyperventilate thinking about that. I cannot imagine letting go of my Haley. In my mind I know they don't mean forgetting your child, the words just seem harsh right now. Today I read a post on a grief blog that makes more sense to me. It talked about shifting. Yes, I am working hard on shifting. I am trying to shift to the good memories and "let go" of the memories of the last day. Our family is trying to shift from thinking about our loss to thinking of our blessings. We are shifting from thinking about what Haley didn't get to experience to how many lives she touched in her 21 years. Every day I hear a story of how Haley has touched somebody that she had never met. It makes you think about what your legacy will be. Will people remember you as being compassionate and friendly, always ready to listen as was Haley? What a learning experience this has been for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment